The rapid development, enormous data streams, and partly disruptive digital transformation are challenges. We are mastering these with technology and skill.
Digitisation is forcing the existing economy to change, while on the other hand it offers unlimited opportunities to use new technologies in business with Big Data, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0 or Artificial Intelligence. Controlling the associated uncertainties and risks, not least with regard to the legal framework, is key for the success of a business idea.
It is about using, evaluating and networking data. Compliance is only given if you know what is legally permissible in relation to data use and what is not, especially when it comes to personal data: The new data protection law, which has entered into force on 25 May 2018, requires extensive adjustments to internal data processing and IT security processes and procedures.
- secure use of smart factory and cyber physical systems, networking user experience, production and services
- designing Big Data applications to be legally compliant, data rights, data as assets, right to use data
- questions about Artificial Intelligence, autonomous machines and liability
- Work 4.0, such as digital HR management, work rearranged in terms of time and space, new forms of employment or assignment etc., co-determination rights
- identifying legal requirements for companies and business models
- statutory grounds for permission and legally effective consent
- mobile and eCommerce platforms, new business and marketing models
- privacy policies, in particular when using tracking tools, user profiles, etc.
- use of data for advertising purposes (including issues relating to the Unfair Competition Act)
- contract data processing and international data transfer
- policies and company agreements
- implementing the General Data Protection Regulation
- identifying and implementing the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, IT Security Act and other statutory provisions
- legal support in developing IT security processes
- legally compliant deployment of cloud-based anti-virus solutions