My job is fun.
The law is dull, no one understands legal texts and contracts, everything is cumbersome and complicated. That’s not true, at least for digital business! Legal stuff can also be creative, fun, smart, right in the middle of everything.
Law depicts real life. It has to react to technical and social developments, control them and enable positive benefits. Legislation and jurisdiction often lag behind rapid progress. As a consequence, it is our task as legal advisors to define the legal framework and to assist in shaping it, for example by creating legal certainty through contracts.
In a fast-moving environment, relationships between people and between companies should be regulated in such a way that entrepreneurial thinking and business have room to develop. The law as the enabler of business – that is the point from which your advantage arises!
Special expertise in the relevant legal fields and many years of experience in data law, IT/IP law and general commercial law, on behalf of providers and clients, form the basis of my advisory services.
|2010 – 2018
||Lawyer at Graf von Westphalen, since 2012 Associated Partner, from 2013 – 2016 Head of Site
||Doctorate (Dr. jur.) at the University of Düsseldorf with a thesis on “Electronic Contracts and Forms”
|2006 – 2010
||Lawyer at Waltl Rechtsanwälte, Munich
|2004 – 2006
||Lawyer at Suhren, Peltzer Rechtsanwälte, Hanover, Germany
||Second State Examination in Law
||Legal clerkship in Hamm and Hamburg
|2000 – 2001
||Master of Laws (LL.M. in Commercial Law) in Southampton (UK), major in IT/IP Law
||First State Examination in Law following previous studies of Law at the Universities of Würzburg, Salamanca (Spain) and Göttingen
- English (Postgraduate studies in England)
- Spanish (Título de Aptitud)
- 2005/06 Sworn interpreter and translator English and Spanish for the courts and notaries in the Hanover Regional Court district
- Bitkom e.V.
- Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht e.V. (GRUR) [German Association for Industrial Property and Copyright]
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Recht und Informatik e.V. (DGRI) [German Association for Law and Informatics]
- German-American Lawyers’ Association (DAJV)